Companies, by and large, still plow forward with misguided online marketing and social media marketing strategies while neglecting to recognize and institute methods that always have and always will work in marketing.
One of those key marketing methods is the creation of effective and engaging visual content; the type of content that is most commonly shared on today's social media networks. By this we do not mean throwing an uncropped photo of a ring card girl up on your Facebook timeline in order to garner some Likes. We mean the acknowledgement being made that a distinguishable look and level of branding is necessary in order to be taken seriously and make any legitimate headway in the burgeoning business of MMA.
Here are some ways you will benefit by using engaging visual content created by actual graphic designers in your online marketing efforts:
Cost-Effectiveness: If you steer clear of large graphic design companies that charge thousands of dollars for each design project, getting quality work can be very inexpensive. Seeing MMA event posters and seminar flyers that look like they're created in Microsoft Paint is troubling. In business, you have to spend money to make money. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen any other way.
Branding: Creating a look to promote that can become recognizable to MMA fans is not an easy task. It is certainly not a task that should be left to the person in your company who "knows a little about Photoshop." Working with a graphic designer will get you results that are well worth the monetary outlay and you will see the difference immediately in your marketing strategy. The fact is, in the eyes of your target audience, a shift in design leads to a shift in how your business is perceived.
The Visual Facts:
• 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
• 46.1% of people say a company's design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
• Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content -- photos and videos -- saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
• On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
• Pinterest (a strictly visual-based social media network) generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
Contact us anytime to discuss your branding and graphic design needs.